Tuesday 31 July 2012

UFS 201-4 Vocabulary

1.Chip in
 meaning; help
ex; if everyone chips in bedroom before you outside.
 2.cheer someone up
meaning; make happier.
 ex; I brought you some flowers to cheer you up.
 3.clean something up
meaning; tide, clean.
ex; Please clean up your bedroom before you go outside.
 4.come across something
meaning; come across something.
 ex; I came across these old photos when I was tidying the closet.
 5.come apar
t meaning; separate
 ex; The top and bottom come apart if you pull hard enough.
 6.come down with
 meaning; became sick. ex; My nephew came down with.
 7.come forward meaning; volunteer for task or to give evidence.
 ex;The woman came forward with her husband's finger prints.
 8.come from (semewhere)
 meaning; originate in.
ex; The art of origami comes from Asia.
 9.count on(someone/something)
 meaning; rely on.
ex;I am counting on you to make dinner while I am out.
 10.cross (something) out meaning;draw a line through
 ex;Please cross out your old address and write your new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment